CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

New grading terms

What's everyone's opinion on these new grading terms. Rather than having two grades that go on our transcript, we have four. I personally don't like this. It's not so much the idea that I disagree with, but the sudden decision to do it. There are teachers that had no idea this was coming and have courses designed to not have much in the gradebook this first term. I think that it's fine that they do the four but I think they should start it next year. There were good intentions behind the idea I'm sure, but we can't start this when the first term is half over. Please tell me your feedback. Let me know if you agree with me.

5 comments:

Alex said...

I know! It's so stupid. It makes it harder to catchu pif you're failing, so you prabably won't get that far. And if you're failing, you probably don't understand, so basically, it makes us more screwed.

Blake said...

I know i really don't agree with it either but if I do get straight A's I get texting so I am happy cause now I get four tries instead of just 2. And now I don't have to wait as long.

J- dawg said...

AMEN TO BLAKE. its better to have four tries instead of two or what ever it was. I suck at shool so this kind of helps me.

bennett said...

I like this a lot now I have a better chance of getting a 4.0. it is kind of dumb though that they just barely decided to change the grading system but it gives us a better chance to get into college and to get better grades.

Bruce said...

it makes it more difficult to get a 4.0. If your a student with struggling grades I understand how it can help you increase your gpa, but for students with a 4.0 it makes it harder to maintain that 4.0. Rather than just having to stay perfect on 2 report cards you have to do it on 4 of them