CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

The story behind the name

I'm curious (and I think this will get some comments on my blog finally) what the origin behind everyones' names are. I'm named after my uncle who died in a car accident. I just found out a couple of months ago that I've now lived longer than he did. I feel obligated carry on his name with honor. What are you named after? Do you like your name? If you could change it, what would you change it to?

4 comments:

Christian Swenson said...

Christian:

My great-great-great-great Grandfather Carl Christian Anton Christensen is in large part an influence on my naming. He was a very influential early Mormon painter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Christian_Anton_Christensen

James (my middle name): My great grandfather James Nathan Hale who founded a 'dynasty' of Hale theaters and actors.

Alex said...

I'm named after no one. It's different but, I like it. My first name means like, conqueror or king. My middle name-Sterling-means pure (That doesn't include last year in Biology Blake).

My name's all right. I didn't change it I just made it shorter.

Jack L. said...

My last name comes from the Norwegian word Løvland, which meant leafland. Some Norwegians have the last name Løvland (for example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolf_L%C3%B8vland).

Mr. Dye said...

This sounds like a good topic for a personal essay, Bruce.